The weekend is over and it’s back to watching what I eat. I thoroughly enjoy eating all of these healthy things and learning more about what I am really eating. It’s not something I dread. Breakfast however has been a real struggle. I am not a huge breakfast eater; I usually just drink a gallon of coffee. However I usually like a little something around 9:30 or 10:00 to tie me over until lunch. Gluten free and non-sugary breakfast items are hard to find. Most breakfast bars, granola bars, fruit bars you name it are chuck full of preservatives and sugar. I found this recipe for egg bites on … you guessed it … Pinterest. I made them last night and ate them this morning and they were super yummy! Try them and let me know what you think!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Makes 12 muffin bites
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup of milk
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup of cooked and drained spinach (I used kale instead!)
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and chopped (optional)
- ½ cup of parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a regular 12 cup muffin tin. Spray the tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until smooth. Add in milk, salt, cheddar cheese and mix. Stir in spinach and cooked bacon and mix.
- Ladle the egg mixture into the greased muffin tin about ¾ full.
- Top each muffin cup with parmesan (optional).
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let them cool before taking them out of the pan.
- Once they have cooled, eat them or place them in the fridge and reheat later on!