Beef Tips and Noodles is one of my all-time favorite meals and has been ever since I was little. There is something about the combination of the meat chunks and noodles in a creamy sauce that I just love! I have been making this dish for years and just recently added a change, I made homemade noodles! This is something I have watched my Nana do before but I just assumed it was extremely difficult. WRONG! It is SO easy! I can’t wait to make these again. This noodle recipe is from allrecipes.com and the beef tip recipe is from my lovely mother.
Beef Tips and HOMEMADE Noodles
- 1 package of stew meat
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup (next time I am going to make my own!)
- 1 can of milk
- For the noodles:
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
To make your noodles:
- Combine egg, salt, milk and flour. (For thicker noodles add baking powder to flour before mixing). Roll into a ball.
- Roll out the dough and let it stand for 20 minutes.
- Cut into thin strips and spread out to dry. Dust them with a little flour. Let the strips dry for two hours. I flipped mine over after an hour.
For the beef tips:
- Cook meat thoroughly then set aside.
- Add soup and milk to pan. Let it simmer until it becomes thicker.
- Add meat and noodles back in and cook for ten minutes.
Up close and personal to the creamy goodness!