80/20

This summer I decided to make a huge lifestyle change. I have immersed myself in learning about natural foods, healthy foods, processed foods and sugar. All I have to say is, MIND BLOWN. I cannot believe all the things that I was eating that were so bad for me. If you are unaware or don’t think about what you put in your mouth, I highly encourage you to watch Food Inc. on Netflix. I grew up eating a ton of fruits and veggies and my mom taught me how to eat healthy so I thought I was doing everything right. Boy was I wrong!

Even with this new knowledge, I feel I am still realistic. Right now I have a goal of 80/20. 80% of the time I am eating all natural, unprocessed, low sugar foods and gluten free. The other 20% I allow myself to be human and eat a chocolate chip cookie. This 20% usually happens on the weekends. So far so good! I feel it’s a nice balance. My hope over time is that I get to be 100% healthy and I could care less about breads and sugars but we will see!

With all of that being said, you are going to start seeing a shift in my recipes. I hope you still enjoy them and aren’t afraid to try them! If my husband likes them… I promise you will too! I am going to kick off with one of my new favorite recipes all thanks to Pinterest. It’s not quite as healthy as some of my other recipes buuuut it’s pretty delicious. 80/20 remember. 🙂

Baked Buffalo Chicken Tacos

Prep time: 10 mins.

Cook time: 43 mins.

Serves: 12 Tacos

Ingredients:

  • 2 large chicken breasts
  • ½ teaspoon of salt
  • ¼ teaspoon of pepper
  • ½ teaspoon paprika
  • 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
  • 2 tablespoons of butter
  • ½ cup of hot sauce (I didn’t put this much… I am baby)
  • Gluten free hard shells (the ones that “stand up”)
  • Mexican shredded cheese
  • Any toppings for your tacos, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream ect.

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease an 8×8 baking dish and set aside.
  2. Mix together the salt, pepper and paprika in a small bowl or plate. Coat each piece of chicken lightly with the mix.
  3. Place chicken into the greased pan and bake for 18 minutes. Cover with foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Allow the chicken to cool and then shred.
  4. Place cream cheese, butter and hot sauce into a large pan and simmer over medium heat until the cream cheese has melted. Make sure to stir it frequently.
  5. Place the shredded chicken into the mixture and stir to coat. Remove the pan from heat.
  6. Move your oven temperate down to 400 degrees. Line your hard tacos shells in an 8×8 dish.
  7. Place 1-2 tablespoons if the buffalo chicken mixture into each shell and top with cheese. Repeat for all of your shells.
  8. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
  9. Serve with any toppings you would like!

IMG_0340

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s