I am not a huge sweets fan. I will occasionally crave something sweet but I like salt more. With that being said there is something about “not” being able to have things that makes you want them even more. I have really been trying to commit myself to eating paleo/ gluten free during the week. I have no health issues thankfully this isn’t a forced thing. I just truly think this is one of the healthier ways to eat and even though I have no health issues, I am seeing a change in my body for the better! But back to the sweets…. this week I have been DYING to eat homemade chocolate chip cookies. Lucky for me Pinterest is my BFF and I found this awesome, gluten free recipe. These bad boys weren’t too bad! They didn’t puff up like regular cookies which made me a little sad but they cured the craving!
GF Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10-11 minutes per batch
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 ¼ cups of Gluten-free flour blend (I use Pillsbury)
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. of vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. of xanthan gum (if your flour mixture has this in it you can skip this!)
- ¾ cups of butter
- 2 oz. of cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt. Set it aside.
- In another bowl, place the cream cheese, and then pour melted butter over the top. Add brown sugar and sugar and mix them on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and egg yolks one at a time. Mix on low until everything is well mixed.
- Add in your flour mixture from earlier. Mix until it’s combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix.
- Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper. Do not spray!
- Scoop cookie dough onto sheet and bake them for 10-11 minutes. They are done when they have a golden edge.
- Leave the cookies on the sheet for a minute or two before moving them to a cooling rack… or your mouth… whatever floats your boat!