Sundays are quickly becoming my favorite day of the week. The last few Sundays we have gone to church and then spent the rest of the day working in our yard. It is really starting to come along and Danny and I really enjoy doing it! The weeds are finally starting to die, the new grass is coming in and my garden looks delish! Yesterday we planted our final plants; tomatoes and bell peppers. That’s all I thought we were doing at least, Danny came home with jalapenos, basil and oregano, so we had to get a few containers for them. We mowed and then created a little rock path off the deck. It looks so nice!
We spent the rest of our night day dreaming about our next project and eating of course. We grilled out Saturday night AND again last night! I LOVE grilling season. For one it is so easy to cook and clean up and two, Danny cooks. It’s an all-around win-win! Last night Danny marinated a flat iron in…. something… I don’t know what it was exactly but it was to die for! Then I made zoodles (zucchini noodles) and sweet potatoes and we also finished up the rest of the homemade French bread I made on Saturday (no it doesn’t last long in our house).
Check out this recipe for easy and yummy sweet potatoes that I got from lilluna.com!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time 18-22 minutes
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter (melted)
- 4 tablespoons of parmesan cheese (grated)
- ½ teaspoon of garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- Dried parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes into 1 inch or so cubes.
- Place garlic, oil, butter, salt, parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning in a Ziploc bag and mix well.
- Throw in sweet potatoes and shake well until they are coated.
- Place aluminum foil in a cookie sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes.
- Serve warm and sprinkle with parsley if desired.