It’s Tuesday and our mini vacation is over and we are back to the grind! We had a wonderful weekend at Downstream and I think the casino ended up LOSING money on US! We had a free room and voucher for a free dinner that Danny had won at a work conference, so we had no cost in our stay or dinner. Then once we got there we signed up to be Q Club members, basically a rewards program, and from that they gave us each $10 to play on AND we each got a $10 food voucher! And being my mother’s daughter you best believe I made that worth more than it was! 🙂
We had ball. I ended up putting another dollar with my $10 and played then ENTIRE night on $11. I would win (I got up to $30!) and then I’d get down to .50 and win again. I seriously had a ball. Once my card was out, I was done. I literally spent $1 gambling. Danny however wasn’t quite as good as I was so he threw in a $20 with his card annnnd we lost all of that too but we played for several hours! Total gambling money spent: $21.
We ate dinner at a buffet there; it was ok but hey again it was free! Then we hit up the hot tub the rest of the evening and relaxed. (Note to self: buffets and bikinis are NOT a good mix.) Monday morning we got up and went to a delicious breakfast buffet. We used our $20 in food vouchers and only had to pay tip!
In total we ended up spending only $36 for EVERYTHING at the casino. Yup, I would say that was a successful trip! 🙂
Today we are back in reality, back in reality with super easy chicken avocado burritos!
Chicken Avocado Burritos
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups of cooked, shredded chicken
- ½ cup of Mexican cheese blend
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp. of cilantro (I left this out)
- Oil if you are cooking in a skillet
- Mix the shredded chicken, cheese, cilantro, and diced avocado up in a bowl.
- Lay a tortilla flat and add ¼ of the mixture form a roll or fold in half.
- Repeat the process for the other three tortillas.
- Now here is where you have some options, you can cook these in a skillet (use oil), you can make them on a griddle or I used my little George Foreman grill. Cook whatever works best for you, just make sure they are golden brown and warm in the middle.
- Eat these bad boys hot! I paired mine with some chips and salsa and a grapefruit!
I love life with this guy!