This week has been very enjoyable! I find that I am in my best moods when I do the following; spend time with family and friends, get a full 8 hours of sleep, do something for someone else, laugh uncontrollably, eat delicious food and get some good ol’ fresh air. I have managed to get all of that in this week so I am going to call it a success!
I am really looking forward to this weekend too. We have plans to keep working on our yard on Saturday, which this is something I am finding that I really enjoy! We need to get some grass seed down and keep pulling weeds. Then on Sunday and Monday we are off to Downstream Casino! We by no means are gamblers but Danny won a free night’s stay and a free dinner through a work convention so we are going to go play a little and run around. I am really looking forward to a night away, a hot tub and free food because hello what is better than that?!
I feel like I am rocking at “adulting” this week and my “try new things” game has been incredibly strong. Last night I made Loaded Chicken Alfredo Pizza and it was to die for!
What do you do to make sure you have a good week?
Loaded Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Servings: 3 or 4
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
- Crust for one large pizza
- 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- ½ cup of milk
- ½ of parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups of cooked and cubed chicken
- Bacon (I used six strips)
- 1 tbsp. of red onion (I left this out)
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to crusts instructions (probably 425ish).
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine butter, garlic, cream and milk. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese and beaten egg yolk. Whisk quickly so your egg doesn’t cook. Set aside.
- Roll/ stretch your dough onto a greased pizza pan.
- I cook my crust for 5-8 minutes until it looks a little tan just so it gets cooked all the way through.
- After it is a tan color spoon half of the alfredo sauce on the crust. Smooth it out. Then place your chicken, onion and bacon down, covering the crust evenly. Then pour the rest of your sauce over the top. Finally top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Return your pizza to the oven for about 10 more minutes or until your cheese is melted and golden.