What an awesome weekend we had! Danny and I had a ball all weekend long (I swear we are just a couple of kids). On Friday night we went out for Mexican with some friends from out of town and I ate my weight in chips and salsa. If you ever find yourself in Springfield, MO you must eat at Maria’s!
Saturday was garden and flower planting day! This is my first try at having a vegetable garden but I am super excited to give it a try! On Saturday Danny built me a raised bed and we started off with planting lettuce. We plan on planting tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers once it gets a little warmer. I also planted my traditional marigolds (I LOVE them) in my planters and then I planted morning glory seeds next to my big pergola. I am excited to see them take off! Saturday night I went and got sushi with a girlfriend who I hadn’t seen in years! It was SO wonderful to catch up and hear about all the good things that are happening in her life!
Sunday morning we went to church and then hit that yard again as soon as we got home! We mowed and then I sprayed weeds for what seemed like hours. I honestly think we have done more to our yard in the 7 months we’ve lived there than the previous owners did the entire time they owned the place, but oh well! It will be beautiful soon enough! After the yard work, we were ready to relax and what is better to relax with than a hot, Cajun dinner on the deck!?!
Can you say Pinterest win? I found this recipe for Shrimp Boil Foil Packets a few months ago and have been dying to try it since! It had just the right amount of kick and Danny was drooling over it! Needless to say, I will for sure be making this again!
- I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!
- If you have any expert gardening tips I would love to hear them!
Shrimp Boil Foil Packets
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- ½ package of smoked sausage (you can pick whatever kind you like!)
- ½ pound of shrimp (you can do fresh or frozen but make sure they are thawed)
- ½ pound of red potatoes
- 2 ears of corn
- Cajun seasoning to taste (Danny likes Slap Yo Mama…yes that is really what it’s called)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. of oil
- Have your shrimp ready to go and cut your sausage cut up into smaller slices.
- Cut the potatoes into smaller pieces (the smaller they are the faster they will cook).
- Shuck your corn if it needs it.
- On a big piece of foil place 1 ear of corn in the center. Put potatoes on both sides of the corn then put your shrimp on one side and sausage on the other.
- Cover all of it in oil and toss to make sure it is covered well.
- Add your Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper and toss.
- Fold foil tightly around the food.
- Repeat process with your next packet.
- Cook! We put ours on the grill at about 500 for 15 minutes. If grilling isn’t an option for you, you can also pop these in the oven at 425 degrees F and bake for 15-17 minutes.
No clean up, super easy and delicious! It doesn’t get much better than that!