Happy Monday!! Why so happy?! 1. It is finally SPRING and 2. MY FLOORS ARE DONE! After living in a mess the last few weeks I am over the moon excited! My sweet husband worked so hard to get them done and they look absolutely amazing! I am so happy. After Danny finished all the “man’s work” I went in and cleaned everything up and dusted…holy dust… and put all of our furniture and everything back where it was supposed to be. Needless to say we were exhausted when it was all done but so happy to be able to sit on our couch and admire all of Danny’s handiwork.
We celebrated the accomplishment with food, naturally. I decided that a beautiful chicken spread was in order and beautiful it was! I made Chicken with garlic potatoes and asparagus. I got this recipe out of this month’s Food Network magazine. It was delicious! However, next time I don’t think I will add the tomatoes. I love tomatoes but I am not sure how I felt about them in this dish. You try it and let me know your thoughts!
Chicken with Garlic Potatoes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Only 410 calories per serving (ya I liked this!)
- 1 pound of Yukon Gold potatoes (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes
- ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup of chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- Put a rimmed baking sheet on the lowest rack and preheat to 425. (Yes preheat the oven with the pan inside). Toss the potatoes and garlic cloves with 1 tablespoon olive oil, ¼ teaspoon of salt and a few grinds of pepper in a bowl; set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken; cook until browned. Transfer the chicken to the hot baking sheet. Scatter the potatoes and garlic around the chicken, reserve the bowl. Bake until the chicken is just cooked through, about 5-8 minutes. Then transfer the chicken to a plate and tent with foil; leave the potatoes and garlic on the sheet.
- In the reserved bowl add the asparagus and tomatoes; toss with remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Add to the baking sheet with the potatoes. Bake until the vegetables are tender and the tomatoes start to burst, about 13-15 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven; switch the oven to broil. Toss the parmesan, parsley and lemon zest in a small bowl. Nestle the chicken in the vegetables and sprinkle everything with the parmesan mixture. Broil until golden, 1 to 2 minutes or so.
Here is this beautiful, low calorie dish.
And here are the before shots of the house…
And then the BEAUTIFUL after! 🙂