Does anyone else remember those creepy Starburst commercials? I’m a little lad who loves berries and creeeeeam!! You know this guy….
Ok so he really has little relevance but for whatever reason I cannot think of St. Patrick’s Day without him, hence the name of my post. Regardless, Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I hope you are wearing green in your favorite Irish pub drinking green beer. If you are stuck at work, like myself, and are unable to enjoy the festivities I at least hope someone in your office brought snacks. You guessed it; I was my office’s saving grace in the snack department. I found this recipe for Lucky Charms treats on Pinterest and knew I had to make them. This recipe is off of apumpkinandaprincess.com.
Lucky Charms Treats
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 5 cups of mini marshmallows
- 6 cups of Lucky Charms cereal
- 12 ounces of white chocolate
- In a large pot melt butter over low heat. Stir in marshmallows and until they are completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Use a buttered spatula to stir in Lucky Charms cereal until the cereal is fully coated.
- Press cereal mixture into a greased 13 x 9 inch pan. Let them cool just a little.
- Cut them into squares and remove them from the pan.
- Over a double boiler melt white chocolate and remove from heat.
- Dip the bottom of cereal treat into the melted chocolate; place on a wax paper covered baking sheet chocolate side up. (Mine were not dipping very well. So I ended up just drizzling chocolate over the top of them. Either way works!)
- Allow chocolate to cool and enjoy!
These were so easy and a nice surprise! Of course we washed them down with our own “green beer.” 🙂