I am exhausted. I feel like I say that more than the average twenty-five year old but this week has seriously kicked my butt. Work was pretty steady, all of the physical labor of our flooring work prep AND coming off of TWO busy weekends I just really needed a night to relax. My house is a mess, laundry needs to be done and with all the rain this week my car really needs to be washed and the dog needs a bath but all of that was on hold last night. Last night I made Croissant French Toast, worked on the floors for just a bit and then was in bed by 9:00. It was pure bliss to get a full night sleep.
It was pure bliss partially because of the croissant French toast I made as well. French toast has always been number two on my list of breakfast foods. I am a pancake girl. But man, this French toast just might have moved up to the number one spot! I think what made this recipe so great was that it was on croissants instead of just regular sandwich bread, which I never would have thought to do on my own! Thanks to Ree my breakfast for dinner spread will never be the same!
Croissant French Toast
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 5 large eggs
- ¼ cup of half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 8 croissants
- Butter for the skillet and serving
- Maple or pancake syrup, for serving
- Strawberries, for serving
- Whipped cream, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Whisk until totally combined
- Grab your croissants and slice them in half and dunk them in the mixture.
- Place a little bit of butter in your skillet and let it melt on medium-high heat.
- Place two or three of your croissant pieces in the skillet sliced side down and cook for two or three minutes. Make sure you move them around occasionally so they don’t burn.
- Flip them over and cook the other side for two minutes.
- Garnish with whipped cream and berries of your liking!
The pretty and plain version… isn’t this BEAUTIFUL!?
Then there is Samson who says he is OVER this construction business.