I love pasta. This is no secret. I would honestly eat pasta everyday if my hips would allow it. Summer is right around the corner so I’ve really been trying to cut back. But I was looking at my pantry last week and I saw I had lasagna noodles and well they just had to be used! My friend Mary gave me this recipe out of one of her magazines. I added some hamburger to it and BAM the perfect lasagna roll ups.
Short side story before I give you this delicious recipe, come on you should know I have some kind of story by now. The lake is my favorite place on earth. Growing up we’d always go to Table Rock Lake. Since meeting Danny I have converted to Lake of the Ozarks but regardless a body of water is all I need. On this particular day years ago my family and I were out boating with some friends. We’d been in the sun all day having a ball. We had been anchored out in a cove swimming when dad said it was time to move on. So we all get back in the boat and start to take off. For those of you who aren’t boaters, when the boat is moving it is incredibly windy and all conversations basically stop. My sister Emily however decided that while the boat was moving would be a great time to ask me about tanning oil. She stood in front of me and said something. I couldn’t hear so I naturally shouted “what!?” This happened several more times until finally I heard “how do you spell lasagna?” About the time I started to shout spell, l-a-s…, the boat stops and everyone looks at me like I am crazy. Emily is rolling at this point because what she actually said was “how do you put this on ya?” We still to this day spell lasagna to each other at random times.
Ok, ok enough of my silly non-sense! Without further to do, L-A-S-A-G-N-A roll ups. 🙂
Lasagna Roll Ups
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 pound of hamburger, cooked and drained
- 4 oz. of cream cheese
- Spinach (I usually use about half of a frozen package but you can use however much you want)
- 1 ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan
- 2 cups of spaghetti sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 375.
- Cook your noodles and hamburger meat.
- Mix together the cream cheese and spinach. Mix thoroughly.
- Add in 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and the grated parmesan. Mix all of it together thoroughly.
- I then create an assembly line of the cheese mixture, my noodles and then the meat.
- Lay out one noodle flat and smear the cheese mixture on top.
- Sprinkle in the hamburger.
- Roll up the noodle and place it seam side down in a 13 x 9 pan.
- Continue this process until all the noodles have been used.
- Once all the noodles are in the pan, pour spaghetti sauce over them.
- Top with the remaining cheese and any meat you might have left.
- Bake for 30 minutes and eat!
*Side note: I like to break my lasagna noodles in half before cooking them. It makes them a little harder to roll up but I like having them a little smaller instead of giant rolls.
Here is a little throwback to the lake days!