This week is off and running and it’s another busy one! Danny and I have both been busy at work, he has had a ton of homework and I am running around like a crazy lady trying to get our wood floors ready to go in NEXT WEEK (do you think I’m excited!?). Nothing is ever easy unfortunately. After my post last week about going to Lowe’s I think I jinxed myself. We had found a floor that we LOVED, went back to order it and they have DISCONTINUED it. I was heartbroken but no time to be sad, we must find another floor! I know exactly what I want, it’s just finding it. Danny found another sample this weekend that I really liked but I want to double check other places to make sure it is “the one.”
With all the madness and broken heartness (that’s a word right?) going on this week I needed a quick meal and even more I needed some comfort food. I’ve been making this chicken veggie trio for a while now and it’s one of our favorites. I found this recipe on julieeatsandtreats.com but I have seen variations of it several different places.
Chicken Veggie Trio
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 3 or 4 chicken breads
- 4 or 5 medium red potatoes, cut
- 2 cups of fresh green beans, cut
- 1 stick of butter (eek, I know)
- 1 package of Italian dressing mix
- Cut up your green beans and line them down one side of a 13 x 9 pan.
- Cut up your potatoes and line them down next to the green beans.
- Cut your chicken into cubes and put it down the other side of the pan. (It’s ok if they all touch just don’t mix them together).
- Sprinkle them Italian dressing mix on top of every row.
- Cut your butter into smaller pieces and place it on top.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 for an hour.
I like to do all the prep work on my lunch break and then just toss the pan into the oven when I get home at 5:00. This is an easy meal and all of your food is in one pan… because who has time to wash tons of pots and pans?!
Off to Lowe’s … again…