Growing up I HATED pork. I never wanted to go to a BBQ or eat any of that non-sense. In my adult life however, I LOVE pork. Isn’t it funny how our taste buds change the older we get? I still feel like I have the appetite of a two-year old but hey I am trying to make improvements!
This is my pulled pork recipe and it’s one of my absolute favorites! I am going to warn you, you are probably going to read this recipe and laugh. There is almost nothing to it. I debated even writing a post about it because seriously a monkey could make this. But like I said it’s one of my favorites and it’s easy so why not!?! I have seen so many gorgeous pulled pork recipes but thought, “ew so much stuff on there, I’d never eat that!” So here is one for you simple, plain eaters!
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours in the crock pot
- 4-6 Pork chops (I get the boneless breakfast chops)
- 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (I use the good ‘ol original!)
- ½ cup of water
- Buns (I use hamburger buns or hot dog buns)
This is all I use and yes I know it’s very plain. If you want to spice things up a bit add a half of a chopped onion or black pepper or any BBQ spices of your likings!
- In your crock pot, pour in your water and some of the BBQ sauce. Stir it together well.
- Place in a layer of pork chops.
- Add more BBQ sauce on top.
- Add another layer of chops.
- Finish up your BBQ sauce on top.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once your meat is done, I pull everything out of the crock pot and shred it and place it back in.
- Pop your buns under the broiler for just a few to make them warm and a little toasted.
- Put your meat on the bun and enjoy!
A little embarrassed by the simplicity but they are just too good not to share!!
The side possibilities are endless as well!