Wednesday night I had my family over to my house for my dad’s birthday! We had SUCH a great time and really enjoyed each other’s company. It’s always a great time when my family gets together. In honor of it being my dad’s birthday I wanted to share a few pictures along with the recipe for the skillet lasagna I made! Per usual this recipe is by Ree Drummond.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 ½ pound of ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- One 24-ounce jar of marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup of sour cream at room temperature
- ½ cup of fresh grated mozzarella
- 12 ounces of cooked bow-tie pasta
- Heat the olive oil and garlic in a large pan on medium-high. Add the beef and cook until meat is browned. Drain grease.
- Pour in the marinara.
- Add Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir together and reduce heat to low. Let the sauce simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the sour cream and stir until it’s all combined.
- Throw in your mozzarella.
- Add the cooked pasta.
Serve piping hot and you can even add a little basil on top if you’d like!
Enjoy these pictures of my dad and I! You can clearly see we are two peas in a pod. He is SO funny and people just love him! I am so blessed to call him dad!