I am afraid the head cold crud has hit my house this week. What is it about a little baby head cold that knocks you flat on your back!? I am usually pretty healthy but for some reason this winter it will not leave me alone. I find it amazing how your taste buds change when you’re sick. I’ve mentioned before that I am a coffee addict and I haven’t had a single cup this week, nothing, not even coffee, sounds good. That’s how you know I am really sick!
I want something hot. That’s what I keep telling my sweet husband who does his very best to take care of me. This Wednesday night we tried a new recipe from Food.com, chicken and noodles. A warm, easy, crockpot meal that I didn’t have to worry about is exactly what the doctor ordered! Write this one down for your sick day go to!
Crockpot Chicken and Noodles
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours in the crockpot
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- 2 (14.5 ounces) cans of chicken broth
- ½ cup of butter
- 24 ounces of frozen egg noodles (these might be my most favorite things ever!)
- Place everything but the noodles in your crockpot. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred.
- Return the chicken to the crockpot and add your egg noodles. Cook for 2 more hours.
- Feel free to add pepper for a little kick!
Eat, go take some medicine and go to bed!