If we can have Taco Tuesday surely we can have Fajita Friday, right? I love tacos don’t get me wrong but fajitas are far better. We love Mexican food and I mean LOVE Mexican food. If my stomach could handle it, I would eat chips and salsa at every meal.
Mexican food is cooked at our house on a scale of variety. I have recipes for fancy beef and chicken enchiladas (I promise to share these with you in the near future), nachos, guacamole, tacos, Sanchos, you name it. This week I made the easiest, most simple Mexican dish known to mankind, crockpot chicken fajitas. We have been so busy this week that I needed something easy. This is a great meal for a late work night or a night you have to run 20 different places. This recipe is from Eat at Home and I have made a few modifications to it to suit our tastes!
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
Cook time: 6-8 hours in the crockpot
Husband Rating: “Oh yeah, when are we having it again?!”
- 1 lb. of chicken breasts
- 3 sliced peppers (green, yellow and red or whatever pepper you prefer)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Toppings of your choice! Sour cream, cheese, guacamole ect.
- Slice peppers and onions then place them in the bottom of your crockpot
- Put chicken on top of onions and peppers
- Sprinkle taco seasoning on top
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours
- After it is cooked, shred chicken and mix all together
- Serve with tortillas and toppings
Eat with chips and salsa or guacamole! We tried to eat ours with cheese dip… well that didn’t exactly work out. My sweet husband had a snow day off of work, hence the reason he looks cozy in his pjs and maybe not knowing that I was taking this picture, and so I called him and asked if he would get the dip started around 4:45 so we could chow at 5. Not thinking that he would turn the pan on high and let it sit on the stove for 15 minutes. Whoops! So our Velveeta burnt, sad day.
Our fabulous fajitas!
Danny’s cheese disaster. 😦
Into the trash it goes! Oh well, he is still cute!