Ah… breakfast for dinner. It doesn’t get much better than that! We LOVE breakfast at my house but rarely do we actually eat breakfast at breakfast time. I am a coffee girl. I guess that might be putting things lightly. Let’s try that again, without coffee I would never get out of bed and function like a normal adult. I usually eat a granola bar around 10:00 and that’s all I need. I know people say how important breakfast is and blah blah blah but if I eat at 7:00 I am STARVING all day long and I am miserable. So let me do me ok?!
Breakfast for dinner though, that’s my jam. On Tuesday night Danny’s class was cancelled because of the ice so we had breakfast burritos and fruit and let me tell you they hit the spot! Check out this recipe that I got from my mom, who got it out of a church cookbook 20 years ago. 🙂
Cook time: 30 minutes
*These reheat well!*
Husband Rating: …. Well he was too cold and excited for words…. So he just shoved them in his mouth. I’ll take that as a compliment.
- 8-10 small tortillas (I use flour)
- 10-12 scrambled eggs
- 1 lb. of sausage (use whatever kind you like!) cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups of Cheddar cheese
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 can of Cheddar cheese soup
- 2 cups of milk
- Scramble eggs and cook sausage (separate pans) and set aside
- Fill tortillas with eggs, sausage and cheese. Roll them up and line them up in a 13×9 pan with the seam side down.
- Mix cheese soup, Rotel and milk in a bowl
- Pour mixture on top of the burritos
- Bake at 375 degrees for thirty minutes
This is one of my favorite breakfast meals. It has some prep work and you dirty up a lot of dishes but hey doesn’t everyone’s husband do the dishes after dinner? Or am I just lucky!? 🙂
Eat these while they’re piping hot!