The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach right? This meal is 100% man approved in my house. Ribs, mac and cheese and biscuits were on our menu Thursday night. I tried for some green beans but was shut down. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.
I have been on a BBQ kick lately; BBQ chicken, pulled pork sandwiches, ribs and so on. It is just so easy! If you don’t know, well let me be the first to tell you that you aren’t living life to the fullest if you don’t have a crockpot. I use mine at least once a week if not more! It is so nice to prepare dinner the night before, toss it in the crockpot in the fridge and simply take it out and plug it in in the morning. Hello easy meal!
Check out my easy but delicious meal from Thursday night!
Husband rating: “Perfection!”
I got these ribs at Wal-Mart and they were marked down (winning). I went ahead and got the boneless but you could do bone in if you’d prefer. So ribs and one full bottle of any BBQ sauce of your choice. Again, I am so plain and cheap I just buy the great value original BBQ sauce. That’s it. Pop those suckers in the crockpot on low all day and boom you’re done. I told you it was easy!
Ingredients: Ribs and BBQ sauce of your choice. (You could add onion or spices if you wanted a little more kick.)
Directions: Combine all in a crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Mac and Cheese:
Gone are the days of store-bought mac and cheese in my house. I always liked it but I always felt like I was eating a ton of preservatives, which I am not SUPER crazy about not eating BUT if I can avoid them I do. This recipe comes from The Pioneer Woman Cooks Dinnertime and it is probably my favorite recipe so far out of it!
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 cups of grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces of Velveeta (just a tad bit of preservatives :)), cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of seasoned salt
- 1 pound of small pasta shells, cooked
- Cook your shells, strain and set them aside.
- Heat the milk and butter in a medium pot, over medium heat until hot.
- Then add in your grated cheese and Velveeta and stir them around a bit.
- When the cheeses start to melt, stir in the pepper, salt, and seasoned salt.
- Stir until it is nice and smooth. All of your cheese should be melted.
- Pour in your shells and combine! It is that easy!
I tossed in some store-bought biscuits too…just because well, we eat a lot of bread. Perfect meal for a week night!